Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Favorite Room From The 2011 DC Design House


This room really caught my eye -- it is the living room of the 2011 DC Design House, and it was designed by Patrick Sutton, of Patrick Sutton Design, whose rooms and designs I have admired before. There is something in the English Tudor style of this room that reminds me of William Morris (whose designs have also inspired me) -- especially like the fabric of the two chairs with the white and blue print in the foreground. I would like to visit his store, Patrick Sutton Home, in Baltimore sometime, but in the meantime am content to visit it on the web now and then: (http://www.patricksuttonhome.com/).



Living Room

Patrick Sutton Associates

Patrick Sutton’s living room shows off the Design House’s 1920s Tudor architecture. Sutton’s goal was to bring a human scale to an otherwise grand room. He created numerous seating areas where family members could chat, read a book or work on a laptop.

from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/lifestyle/2011-dc-design-house/

No comments:

Post a Comment